Thiopental VUAB 0,5 g and 1,0 g
Thiopental is indicated
- as the sole anesthetic agent for brief (15 minutes) surgery procedures
- for induction of anesthesia prior to administration of other anesthetic agents
- to supplement regional anesthesia
- to provide hypnosis during balanced anesthesia with other agents for analgesia or muscle relaxation
- for the control of convulsive states during or following inhalation anesthesia, local anesthesia, or other causes
- in neurosurgical patients with increased intracranial pressure, if adequate ventilation is provided
- for narcoanalysis and narcosynthesis in psychiatric disorders
Using of Thiopental is reserved only for specialist in anesteziology.
One injection vial Thiopental VUAB inj.plv.sol. 0,5 g contains 500 mg Thiopental sodium
One injection vial Thiopental VUAB inj.plv.sol. 1,0 g contains 1000 mg Thiopental sodium
Excipient: sodium carbonate
Powder for solution for injection. Thiopental VUAB inj.plv.sol. is a yellowish powder.
Thiopental is barbiturate anesthetic and is used as ultrashort-acting thiobarbiturate for intravenous anesthesia for brief surgery procedures and for induction of anesthesia.
ATC code: N01AF03
Pure glass injection vial with rubber stopper and aluminium seal. One vial with a label and package leafl et in a paper box.
Content of a pack: Thiopental VUAB inj.plv.sol. 0.5 g: 1 x 0.5 g. Thiopental VUAB inj.plv.sol. 1.0 g: 1 x 1 g