Hydrocortison VUAB 100 mg
Boosting your body with extra corticosteroid such as Hydrocortison VUAB 100 mg can help when injected by a doctor or nurse if your body cannot produce enough corticosteroid due to problems with your adrenal glands (e.g. adrenal insufficiency).
Corticosteroids can also help treat shock following surgery, injuries, hypersensitivity (anaphylactic) reactions or other stressful conditions. These include inflammatory or allergic conditions affecting the:
- bowel and gut e.g. Crohn’s disease (inflammation of the gut) or ulcerative colitis (inflammation of the lower bowel)
- lungs e.g. bronchial asthma
- skin e.g. Stevens-Johnson syndrome (an auto-immune disorder in which an immune system causes the skin to blister and peel), or systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus)
Hydrocortison VUAB 100 mg may be prescribed to treat thyreotoxic crisis (hyperfunction of or conditions other than those listed above).
One injection vial contains 100 mg of Hydrocortison in the form of Hydrocortison hydrogensuccinate.
Excipients: Sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate Disodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate.
Powder for solution for injection. Hydrocortison VUAB 100 mg is white to almost white powder.
Hydrocortison belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids or steroids. Corticosteroids are hormones produced naturally in your body and are important for many body functions.
ATC code: H02AB09
Pure glass injection vial with rubber stopper and aluminium seal. One vial with a label and package leafl et in a paper box.
Content of a pack: 1 x 100 mg
The following pages and information are designed exclusively to professionals. To enter you must confirm the following statement. Confirm by clicking "Yes" expressly declare and confirm that:
1. I am an expert in the sense of § 2 of the Act no. 40/1995 Coll., On regulation Advertising amended (part of the legal order Czech Republic), ie a person authorized medicines issue or prescribe.
2. Met with the definition contained in the previous expert point, a point 1.
3. In the event that I am not an expert, I am familiar with the risks faced I expose myself as a result of a wrong information which are intended for professionals, and this risk completely I accept.